View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 08:55 AM   #127
Whamo

Re: Shop truck build

Soooo...I am using this summer as a shakedown to see how far I wanna go this winter, and it's looking like I may tear it down to the frame and replace bunches of stuff...

There are some things that you can't do your self and that sucks. In this case it is the alignment.
The 1st shop I went to didn't tighten things up properly and after a day of normal driving I lost a bunch of shims...
The second shop returned it with a broken control arm stud...yeah, they were that sloppy...
3rd shop got her dialed in quite well, but suggested I get some aftermarket, tubular control arms that are set up for lowered springs and spindles...did some research and it appears that lots of fellers have come to this same conclusion...

Not gonna do much more on her for a bit (saving up the $$ for winter tear down) but I am gonna go ahead and replace the body mounts (replace may not be the correct word since they have virtually disappeared) with energy suspension ones.

Did get me a center console thingy from cupholders plus and been playin with some Laminx film on the headlights...not sure if I love or hate the yellow...
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=622194
Whamo is offline   Reply With Quote