View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 02:34 AM   #52
daveshilling

Re: 1958 Apache Big Window Loooooong Bed "Lucky"

Checking in with some progress...

The suspension is pretty much complete but with space being so tight I have to resist mounting everything, so it's still down to the frame in front.

I've been working on the hydroboost setup, and the Ogre setup with a mustang hydro mounted on the frame is what I'm going with.

I found an awesome pedal mount that attaches to the factory MC mount and two additional spots and holds the pedal so you don't need to use a cut-off MC to hold the pedal... $40 on ebay and its a solid piece.

Unfortunately I already removed the MC bracket before I knew this existed... at least I get to clean behind it now and prime/paint. I'm still going to use the lower section of the factory MC mount, just with bolts instead of rivets.
I made a simple bracket to hold the booster to the frame.

I'm working on a clevis and pin setup to connect to the mustang booster rod. I machined an aluminum pin and roughed out some pieces, and I need to order the heim joint and rod to connect to the pedal and then stare at it some more.

I also started in on cleaning up the wiring harness, removing everything I won't be needing and re-taping/covering the wires. I relocated some of the grounds to make them easier to hide and repurposed some wires for a dual fan.

..and since I'll now have corvette power steering, I can downsize the steering wheel a bit and make ingress and egress even easier.. Not sure what this center cap is, but its a 60's chevelle wheel, red and worn, just like the truck.

daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote