View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 02:22 PM   #5
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: Keep Your Cool! Vintage Air Sure Fit Install in a 67 C-10

*The following steps are only necessary if your truck is a long water pump and your alternator is on the "wrong" side.*

***ALWAYS UNHOOK YOUR BATTERY WHEN WORKING UNDER THE HOOD, ESPECIALLY WHEN MESSING WITH THINGS LIKE THE ALTERNATOR!***

The next few steps are alternatives if your truck is "different" like mine. I wanted to have a more stock look to my truck and I wanted the alternator to be on the driver's side and the A/C compressor on the passenger side. My truck has some kind of 80's 350 in it with a long water pump.

I was able to get a stock '72 style alternator bracket off a parts truck my dad had. I cleaned and painted that.

I went to Advance Auto and bought a short water pump only to find out that the long and short pump bolts are totally different and won't interchange. I couldn't find anyone local that sells them, so I ordered them off of ebay. The instructions call for 5/8" heater hose and my hoses on my stock heater unit were larger than that, so back to Advance for the correct heater hose adapters for both the water pump and intake manifold.

Once the radiator is out, remove the fan.

Next, remove the alternator. Loosen the adjustment bolt and remove the belt. Unhook all of the alternator wires, then remove the bolts (one near the bottom that it pivots on) and the adjustment bolts and put the alternator off to the side.
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 07-18-2007 at 02:33 PM.