View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 02:40 PM   #192
daveshilling

Re: 1958 Apache Big Window Loooooong Bed "Lucky"

Switching gears for a bit just to keep things interesting. Wiring up power, relays, and PCM signal for my '94 T-Bird Junkyard fan.

I've had these bits for awhile but didn't get started on the electric fan wiring until I could decide how I wanted to connect the wires and what type of power/fuse block I could score from the yard. I landed on some delphi style weather pack connectors for the PCM fan control wires and key hot 12v power, with one plug for the low speed and one for the high speed.

I had to add these wires into my LS PCM and did so back when I was reworking my harness. I figured if I DIDN'T use electric fans, then these wires could just be tucked, but I definitely wouldn't want to go back and do this later!

I snagged this power distribution block from a junkyard, and it has 100A and 50A fuses, which is perfect, and if I want to drop the fuse amperage, just file away some metal on the sides! I'll be using this block to provide battery 12v to the fans as well at the headlights, and I'll be controlling the headlights via relay instead of having them pull 12V through the old headlight switch. Once its taped and loomed it should looks decent. I wish they didn't use all these bright primary colors in the relay wiring, but I didn't want to rebuild the whole thing so I'll just hide it.

I'm trying to retain the ability to remove the entire front clip, wiring and all, so I've got some larger connectors on order to create a harness of sorts for the front clip electrical just as they came from the factory.
Attached Images

daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote