View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 01:09 AM   #268
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

thanks, it seems like this one is one step forward 31 steps back.

the week I was referring to losing was last week waiting for the new spacers, truck in the air so I dont really want to do windshield or interior work. got the first spacer on, took about 1/8 off each stud and then another 3/16 off each ET lug nut.
IMG_6778 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

went to install the second and this is what I found
IMG_6779 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

someone had probably returned these after trying to mount them with the wrong lug nuts. I sent an email asking for a replacement, then thought better of it and just installed the m&^%#*&^%ing thing. everyone makes mistakes, the spacer probably just didnt get checked closely when it was returned.

after that I wired the headlights and the turn/park lights. yes I reused the harness but the wires were a little short to make it to the fender. I thought about installing it pointing forward but that would have needed the back of the lens carved out, so I just popped a 1" hole saw through the existing bulb and cut a slot to let the bulb holder fit.
IMG_6782 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6783 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I wired the headlights next but with two sets of three wires poking out the inner fender I forgot which was which. I used my drill battery to test the bulb and waddyaknow, the 18v drill battery popped both the low AND the high beam like fuses. pop pop. oh well, I have another bulb.
more tomorrow, I will set it on the ground and probably get the interior buttoned up.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote