View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 12:01 PM   #24
special-K
Special Order

Re: **do not buy blueprint engines***

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggyfreud View Post
Did you buy direct (if that's possible) or get it through a reseller? Perhaps the reseller bamboozled you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
I am wondering same..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone67 View Post
The vendor I purchased the engine stated new heads. It also said computer aligned honing job. There should be signs of the honing job present after 150 miles. Blueprint disagree with me. I’ve spoken with multiple mechanics and said there should be definite visible signs of the crosshatching. Blueprint said they don’t use new heads on this setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
I've always had good luck using a couple of local machine shops. They have been around a long time and that is a god sign of quality.
Yeah, there are small reputable machine shops out there all over this country that have been around way longer than Blueprint. In my world they are something new that came along with the internet. And with the internet there can be a temptation to say one thing and do another, then just deny responsibility from afar. How do you drop the engine off for them to inspect for their flaw? Just sit on the phone or at the keyboard and deny is much easier for them. Heck, many online businesses don't even have where they are located shown on their website. You have to dig just to know what state authorities to contact
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone67 View Post
Again, I'm not saying Blueprint doesn't make quality engines or don't use new parts. No doubt they make great motors and have been around for a long time. In my situation, they used scrap iron for heads. They should have used quality equipment. Now unfortunately I got screwed on this deal.
Then I'll say it and your story is proof. And even if this is all on the vendor you dealt with, saying the heads would be new, that right there is the problem. IMO the manufacturer is responsible for what the vendors they chose to deal with do. Chose? It's not like they get screened in any way except credit check. All about the money and getting huge through as many vendors as possible. Where is the quality control in that? There is more to quality control than the labor part. This case proves it. One says this, the other says that. The only thing you know for sure is they both got your money

Obviously Blueprint didn't magnaflux the heads (or whoever built the engine). Used heads are fine. Like I said, I'm not a mechanic or engine builder, but I know either you use new heads or you magnaflux the used or you are pissing into the wind

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-27-2019 at 07:29 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote