View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #37
dieselarmy13
Phone's ringin Dude.

Re: Diesel does a build

Thanks Doug! I did have to get rid of the old GMC letters in the back, though. They were off center and didn't look right. As you know, I've been pretty busy lately. I'm taking my new bedsides and fenders in tomorrow to have the marker lights filled. Also, my parents sold one of their houses and had to get rid of a bunch of stuff ASAP. One of the items just so happened to be a GM Goddrench 350 with about 40,000 miles on it out of one of my ol man's work vans. I've been bugging him for years to sell it to me. He called me up the other day and told me to come get the damn thing. For free! Original plans were to clean it up, paint it, maybe, just maybe stick a cam in it and put it in the truck. Well, you know haw that goes. It's now sitting in a pile of parts in my garage. I figured I might as well do it right. Going to leave the bottom end stock and the only thing I'm doing to the heads is having them machined to accept my new rockers. Here's how she was when I got home:

This was after Me, Myself, and I with help of a floor jack, two ratchet straps, two blocks of wood, a six pack, and alot of bloodied knuckles got the damn thing on my engine stand without a cherry picker. Funny how all of your buddies are busy and the only local rental place is out of cherry pickers when you need to get a damn engine out of your truck.

2003 SILVERADO SS--THE NEW GIRL

1972 GMC--THE OLD GIRL
dieselarmy13 is offline   Reply With Quote