View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 06:49 PM   #60
75Dually

Re: 68 GMC to a 2003 Tahoe chassis

A small funny story happened today. I took the door locks into our local lock shop to get keys made. The technician was a really nice guy and he made a set of new keys for the truck. The funny part was when he handed me back the lock and the keys he said that he had to spray a lot of cleaning fluid into the lock to free it up. You see the dust was so thick in the lock it barely moved.

Now I've told you a couple of times how much dust has been in this truck, and yes it being from Lubbock means it has it's fair share of sprinkled earth in it. However if you are not from this part of the country you have very little clue as to the dust storms we get here, and how much this fine dirt gets everywhere and in everything.

So be glad that when you work on your own truck and you happen to tap any part of the body while laying underneath it you don't get a face full of dirt. You get this here even if you have power washed it a dozen times! The struggle is real folks!!

So as the technician handed me back the keys and the lock he told me about the cleaning it took to get it to work. All I could do was smile and tell him it was a Lubbock truck. He responded "That explains a lot." That's life here in West Texas...

Stay tuned...
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote