View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 12:51 AM   #67
75Dually

Re: 68 GMC to a 2003 Tahoe chassis

Before the sun started going down today I played with with a couple of the items taken out of the Tahoe. These are the 2nd row seats that I cleaned up, and naturally that is the dash fascia. I was just checking to see if I used the Tahoe dash what would need to be cut out and what I could keep. Understand that I am not 100% sold on the idea of doing a different dash yet, but I tend to mock a lot of stuff up take pics and then see what I like.

The seats fit amazing! They just need the brackets modified to bring them down about 3 inches, super easy stuff. The dash is another interesting element. The total Tahoe dash is aprox. 6" wider than the 68 dash, but I will not use the whole dash just the fascia here. So that means that I would somehow have to take out 3" on the left hand side so that it would fit with the doors closed. This is what I really enjoy about these projects, figuring out how to solve the puzzles like this. Naturally the builders who read this post will have their ideas on how to solve that, I look forward to that discussion, but remember that in the end it needs to fit within the packaging area I have available.

So if I use this dash I will take out everything I can out of the Tahoe and use a lot of it to make this work and look right. Things like the AC ducting, defroster vents, radio mounting, etc... That way it has more of a factory feel in the end. We will see how it goes...

Stay tuned...
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote