Re: New Compressor arrived today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim57 View Post
That's very nice.
Kim
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franken View Post
Great choice. Big tank, pump and big slow motor. Big bucks I imagine too. What's the current rating on that motor? Brand?
I bought a similar used Saylor-Beale off CL some years back--love it!

Be careful not to undersize the air lines and do use some cooling, drying and filtering. The potential flow through a line basically doubles between 1/2" and 3/4" (area of the circle) so that's something to keep in mind.
I don't like air lines that run up and down leaving lots of places where water can collect. I like the water to have to be flowing out or back to the tank. Of course I have a 2 car garage so one end point with filter/dryer/regulator.
Also, get a little gate valve and some small pipe and fittings so you can purge water easily and often. Just blast out the air from the bottom of the tank a few times after the air has cooled.

But you had another so you knew all that crap...
Yeah, I had been looking at Champions for a while...wanted a Saylor Beal, but was not in my budget and I looked locally on CL every day for a long time.

I was surprised that the outlet on mine is 1/2" with a ball valve. I was planning on using 3/4" copper lines in my garage and connect it to some 3/4" rapidair maxline about 40 feet to my shed. In my shed I will have a cutoff for so it doesn't strain the system..maybe not necessary. I also plan on putting an auto drain on it...just to keep it as dry as possible. I am planning my plumbing lines now. A dryer may be in the future, but can't now.
roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote