2) pin 87 of relay 1 11.5
3) pin B of the fan on the right 11.5
4) pin A of the fan on the right 11.5
5) pin 30 of relay 3 (even though there is a jumper still in the socket) 0.1
6) pin 87a of relay 3 0.1
7) pin B of the fan on the left 1.5

Also, I tested relay 5 this way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vupmb2U-shk

In the vid it shows an on and off switch. with the switch on pin 87 received power. With switch off pin 87a received power. When I hooked it up like the vid both fans turned on, there was no one or the other??

Is my relay shot?
Actually it sounds like your relay is OK based off the measurements you took when you hooked up the relay like you saw in the video.

Just to confirm, you had everything hooked up like your original diagram except that relay 3 was removed from the circuit (with a jumper from pin 30 to pin 87a in the socket) and the fan control lines were disconnected from the pcm (and you manually grounded the fan 1 control only). Right?

When you followed the steps above, you were following the current flow (from right to left) in the diagram that you posted to check out the wiring.

You got a full 12 volts at terminal 30 of relay 1. That's perfect.

You got 11.5 at terminal 87 of relay 1. That's OK. It looks like you lost 0.5 volt in the relay contact which is a lot greater than the normally accepted 0.1 volt per connection. Long term the relay may run a little warm, but it isn't causing the problem at hand.

You got 11.5 at terminal B of the fan on the right. That's perfect, you didn't lose anything through your wiring to the fan.

You got 11.5 at terminal A of the fan on the right. If the fans were running, you'd have seen a significant voltage drop here. The copper windings in fan motor act electrically as a resistor, but their resistance is pretty low (just a few ohms) so the voltage drop across a non running fan shouldn't be more than a fraction of a volt.

You got 0.1 volt at pin 30 of relay 3. I believe that you just found your problem! Check the wire between terminal A of the right fan and pin 30 of relay 3. It's either broken or has a bad connection. Fix that, plug relay 3 back in (after you remove the jumper), turn the ignition on, cross your fingers, and ground the fan 1 control wire for another test.
dayj1 is offline   Reply With Quote