View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 05:43 AM   #3085
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Funny how things turn out.

I had planned to spend Christmas Day indoors with the cats, a bottle of rum and some crackers and cheese, followed by more of the same.

My very good friends Kevin and Theresa had their kids mostly scattered across the UK and Ireland, due to growing up and various relationships.

So I got invited to Christmas dinner/lunch to us civilised people as they needed a clown at the table.

Kevin is a very capable for,al cook, so the food was awesome, the company even better, and I eventually went here me for 9pm as I was tired as Insomnia does not respect holidays.

While they were at it, I also got a load of very well thought out gifts from Kevin and Theresa..... massive thanks there too.

Theresa's mum and dad and her one son with his lady friend.

I had no plans for Boxing Day but this was going to keep me busy.

Can you tell what it is yet?

Then at 11.30 I got a call from a friend, was I going to be in today, was my kettle full, did I have biccies.....??

PS. Could she bring her dogs??

Yes of course, to all the above.

The cats would have to just deal with it, and the planned activity would have to wait for another day.

This was the point at which she called, so I decided to shut shop, clean the house and have a shower......

Certainly a better investment in Boxing Day

My visitors.

Of course the lady had not been in my house before, so she and the dogs did get the grand tour, and when we got upstairs, the cats reacted as they should, first standing their ground, then flying down stairs, and out the back door, with the dogs giving chase.

Dukey the Ginger Whinger came back indoors from the rain, two hours after the guests had left and Harley was in 45 minutes after they left, she is a lot less fussed with stuff like dogs, but the Ginger is a bit more highly strung and gets spooked easily.

I also made them a fire to make up for their distress and inconvenience, which both seemed to enjoy a whole lot.

Lastly, despite being a Grinch about Christmas, my visitor also brought me a Christmas tree that I can plant in the garden when the weather gets better.

Later today, I will carry on with the block I started on yesterday.

Hope you all got what you needed and some of what you wanted for Christmas

Time for a cuppa tea now.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote