View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 01:28 PM   #22
Chris(NJ)

Re: Chris(NJ)'s, where am I going with this, already built build

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
great stuff!

not rhetorical at all, I think it has to do with the effort needed to make the bed lift vs the effort needed to pull the bed when you have a problem. I can get a bed loose in under 15 minutes, and where my fuel sender/pickup is located (front drivers side) a tilt bed would only make it slightly more accessible. tilt beds are cool, but I havent ever seen one that lifts high enough to make working under it easier for anything further forward than the very back.
I haven't actually seen one of those tilt beds in person, so I'm sure you're right and that it doesn't give a whole lot of access. As I was wiping down the truck I spent some time thinking about something similar though. Is what I have vs what would make life easier (in this case, lets say, a different gas tank w/ the 2 units further forward of the cross member), worth the cost when taking in to consideration how many times I really need to access them. Or do I leave it as-is and take the extra time to simply undo 1 wire, 2 hoses and 4 bolts, and save hundreds of dollars. Just thinking out loud, really.
But it's the people who think of this stuff ahead of time and go through the effort of addressing details like this, that I give credit to. That's what really separates some builders.
What gas tank are you running? Any pics of your setup?
Chris(NJ) is offline   Reply With Quote