Thread: 47-55.1 My 53 GMC 3/4 ton project
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 11:51 PM   #12
Nima
Blue 67

Re: My 53 GMC 3/4 ton project

Rust repair. This was a totally new territory and scarry one. To be honest, I don't know if I should have done some of the things that I did such as cutting so much at the time but the issue was as I cut more, I found more rust and I was just trying to get to some material that I feel comfortable to weld in to while I was trying to be careful not to destabilize the integrity of the cab structure. Also, another reason for me to cut more, such as inner/outer cowl area was to get to some areas that my average (maybe I credit myself too much!) welding skill could handle the imperfections.
Please let me know about the lines on the outer cowl when the new and old body panels meet each other. To get the lower section lined up with inner cowl and the middle I had to slide the outer cowl down. Besides, my original panel had some separation between these two panels.
This was also sad since I really wanted to keep the patina look of the truck.
Here we go:
Attached Images

1979 Camaro Z28: 5.3 vortec conversion with build TH350: drivable project, Fun to drive
1992 Camaro RS convertible (Z28 clone): 5.3 conversion with build T5: on going project
2005 Silverado 2500, 4x4 Duramax, original owner
Nima is offline   Reply With Quote