View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 02:02 PM   #16
1project2many

Re: fender difference between light and medium duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlloar View Post
lots of searching to find out,
no reproduction gmc fenders made, but the dimple on 57 only chevy truck makes them the same as the 55 56 and 57 gmc. so actually if you order a 57 chevy truck repo fender it will fit a 55 56 and 57 gmc other than emblem holes are different and the 55 gmc will need a few holes for lower piece of the grill "mustache" drilled below where the chevy marker light would be. but the actual stamping is the same.
That's very useful information. The GMC parts manual was much harder to interpret. They use a series of drawings showing front and side of truck and a three letter code to identify the truck. I can see it being useful to a parts counter employee (match picture to truck then order) but for this query it was not helpful.

Quote:
Reason I was asking about fenders is I can get a set of medium duty ones that only look from pictures to have a larger cutout for tire and a wider lip around the opening. if thats the case and my pickup hood will match it, I think they will fit better with my wider wheel to wheel measurements and going up to a 17 or 18" wheel.
I'd be interested to know the actual difference, say wheel opening width alone or is the wheel well center moved also?
1project2many is online now   Reply With Quote