View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #1
pointbreak

pretty sure its a haunted 68 GMC with a 307

Hey everyone, can't tell you how much you have all actually helped me with my build before I joined(gotta love Google) anyways my trucks a 68 GMC fleet side with the original 307 which I rebuilt its bored .30 over comp cam new lifters new pistons all that fun stuff aluminium intake 600 Holley and a points dizzzy that was converted to elec with the petronix kit as it wouldn't slide down past the intake. (That's one thing this board helped me with) anyways after tweeking and tweeking it seemed all good I had been driving her daily for about a week then at a stop light idling she just quit. Pushed her off wife towed me home rotor button ain't spinning and she winds over real fast like no comp my guts are inknots. I'm gonna pull off a valve cover today and wind her over and see what I got. I'll pulled the dizzy last night and it looks fine. I don't get it though all the parts are new and I broke it in gently and I used that can grease that comp gives you and it had about 1000 kms since the build. Oh the timing gear was all new too. I'm at a loss and really irritated lol any thoughts
pointbreak is offline   Reply With Quote