View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 09:57 AM   #1
TrybalRage

1985 C10 - LWB build

Figured I would start my own thread as a place to keep a record of my progress.

I purchased my C10 in 2014 in the NW Atlanta area. I'm the third owner, and brought it home for $1500 if memory serves. Cracked windshield, 305/TH350 with only two forward gears, sketchy brakes... drove it home

The good is that the only rust on the truck was and still is surface rust on the hood and roof. Zero underneath. Super solid truck. Title says exempt but I suspect that the 65k that showed on the odometer might just be real. Pics from when I brought it home:

Owners manual and some paperwork still in the glovebox. All jack accessories/tools under the hood intact. Score.

Had the transmission rebuilt and put new calipers/rotors/pads/drums/cylinders all around. Threw some new tires on it and started driving. At one point had a rebuilt quadrajet installed from Mountain Man carburetors and swapped out the dizzy for a Skip White HEI.

Since then, basically just drove it on occasion, it's been my 'pick up mulch' vehicle and that's really about it. Decided this year to finally get around to really fixing her up. I need it to still be a truck though, and do truck stuff (towing my boat, hauling stuff, etc) so that has been impacting some choices.

2010 Suburban 2500 LT 4WD
TrybalRage is offline   Reply With Quote