View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 03:39 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: manual cable release for solenoid doors

It would probably end up being more for dead solenoid than dead battery.

I'm using this as an example but there are jumper cable lugs that you can hook cables to the rig without opening the hood or door. Used by guys who jump other folks rigs a lot. That means you have to find someone with cables if you aren't at home though.

I'm going to say on that truck you are going to have to go though a hinge pocket or though one of those setups that guys run their electrical cables though for the electrics in the doors. then get it routed under the hood or to a spot you can reach from outside if you put a cable operated latch on the hood.

Finding a smooth route where you won't bind the cable up might be the challenge.

My AD was easy in comparison, I just ran a rod down and through a hole drilled in the bottom of the door and had it stick out far enough to grab with a pair of pliers or special made tool on your key chain that slipped over the rod and could pull it. Can't do that on a TF though.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote