View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 09:43 AM   #35
6DoF

Re: Project: Tow-Rat (Lil' Blue)

i got a 2002 Yukon 2nd row seat, $60, and is actually a white-tan that goes reasonably well with the truck. I'm happy enough for now to not bother with covering it, so that's a win. the seat is also 1/2" shy of the door on each, and tucks perfectly into the rear cab corners, it's literally MADE for this truck!! though, you'll notice i cut the head rest posts off. they still need some love eventually.

mounting brackets on the other hand will be the trick. i've convinced myself that the tubes under the seat are only there for a GM factory assembly aid, and serve no structural purpose once bolted to the floor. will require that i take the time to align everything well, and the auto-release seat back latch won't work because the cable mount will go away, but that's fine. fwd hinge bracket will get bolted to the floor directly in front of the rib, while the back will get bolted directly to the rear rib that is under the boards. same angle mounting as pictured, just lower.

passenger seat obviously folds just like the drivers side for great access for putting tools n junk back there. maybe even a weekend duffle bag so it's not in the bed on a trip. the tubes going away also really open up under the seat storage.

6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote