Thread: 55.2 Chevy 3100
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 04:46 PM   #169
Dave0

Re: 55.2 Chevy 3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames97 View Post
I'm sure I'm overthinking this....but, I keep looking at where the cab corner meets the step and debating on what to do here. The step/rocker edge is straight up and down. The cab corner area that meets that has a slight angle inward to it.

I keep searching for pic of that area, most pics I find when I zoom in enough to tell what its really supposed to look like, it's not as detailed as I would like. I did look at some pics I had from my old steps, they look as if there is a slight angle to the rocker area.

If I were to bend the step area down to meet the cab corner lines it would match up fairly well overall. And would actually be fairly easy to do. This is kind of what I'm leaning towards. Then the rocker will have either a slight twist to it...or slightly bend the whole thing to match. And I don't have the front fender in the shop to see how that angle meets either. So it's that or massage the cab corner to meet the rocker angles..which would involve some cutting, hammering, and welding and hope it turns out looking decent.

If anyone has input or close up pics of this area so I could see the correct angles I would appreciate it.
Do you have the inner cab corners in it? I was using the inners to vice grip them together to change the angle. You can put it where ever you want....
Dave0 is offline   Reply With Quote