View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #97
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Pics of trucks in Primer Paint

That’s exactly why I used it, I've had more fun with the truck since the blitz black than I ever did when it was wearing shiny paint. I drive it everywhere now. Before I used to worry about the paint getting scratched.

I originally painted the truck in gloss black lacquer (which chips easily) nearly 15 years ago. It was my daily driver for a 72 mile commute for 9 years and we lived on a rock road, so the paint really took a beating. Due to the number of chips, and since I didn’t want to disassemble the truck to strip all the lacquer I just feather edged everything and then surfaced the bad areas with U-Pol primer (applied with a roller). I also removed all the seam sealer on the roof and resealed it with self-leveling Evercoat Maxim.

I bought two gallons of paint (just in case) and used about 5 quarts to paint the exterior. I didn’t paint inside the bed. It was either $30 a gallon or $50 a gallon. I don’t remember for sure and lost my receipts in a computer crash back in August. With all that, some thinner, Rage body filler, and sand paper I probably had another $100-$150 dollars invested when it was all done. So it cost somewhere a little over $200 for the whole job.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote