View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 09:39 AM   #1
sntrym95

HVAC issue, AC does not work

So this has been an interesting problem. My 95 Chevy's A/C will sometimes work, sometimes not. The compressor and all under hood components are fine, they kick on properly. The issue seemed to be with the recirculation door having moved too far, and the control panel could not move it back to the proper position using cabin air.

Got a new recirc door, installed, and voila! it worked. Once. Then the new door moved to a point where it could not be moved back unless I put a screwdriver in the opening and manually put it back. Then it will work. Once.

The control panel is newer-ish, maybe 4-5 years old. I don't remember if it's a Delco or not, but it seems to work fine.

In looking at schematics, there is a wire running from the recirc motor to the blend door motor. I'm trying to figure out the communication path for the system, and if a signal from the control panel or the blend door motor is causing the recirc door to operate incorrectly. I did some searching here but didn't really find anything specific to this issue.

Does anyone have a flowchart or similar to show how the signals from the motors work together?