View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 02:40 AM   #5
catch2otwo

Re: Drove a newer truck and love my square 10x more

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac_al View Post
I tried to plow snow today with my brothers newer truck, like 2008. When it gets slippery the truck won't move. You can hold it to the floor and the engine just idles and won't let you move. What a pain in the a** that is. I thought I buried it but I looked underneath and it was all clear, it was just slippery. I was almost thinking about getting a newer truck for more comfort but I see now that I need to preserve my 76 as long as possible. I don't have the patience for a computer that doesn't know what it's doing. I'm sure there is a way to disable it and make it work like a normal truck. The younger generation will never know how a real truck is supposed to work. Gotta love the old heavy chevys.
The newer late model trucks I've had were all 100x better in every way compared to my c10. Better hp, better mileage, better comfort, better handling, you name it, late models do it better. Just have to know how to use them. But I know how it goes, people are comfortable using something they are familiar with and don't want to learn to use something new.

With that said, the experience of driving my c10 and c30 are way more enjoyable. Driving a late model is pretty mundane, no sounds no smells
catch2otwo is offline   Reply With Quote