View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 11:51 PM   #640
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: My Big Fat Renovation

Crane showed up right on time.

They didn't "forget" about me. Always play nice with the people helping you out... he told me they overbooked last saturday and because I was the smaller (cheap) job - even though I booked it over a month ago, I got bumped. I mean, that's fine, I understand crap happens, but don't not show up and not call to let me know. Thankfully my boys were cool about it and helped me sheet it last weekend and they all came back to run the trusses.

We killed it too. It took like 45 minutes to get the first 2 set, but after that we averaged about 6 and hour. The crane was only on site for 5 hours.

We only had one boo boo. The trusses were too tall to reasonably unhook them one by one, so the operator was pretty good at unhooking it by moving the cable and hook around just right, well after we had about 6 set, I hadn't gotten my full X bracing in yet, the hook caught, and pulled my trusses out of alignment 3 or 4 inches. We couldn't get them pushed back because there was so many and they were all locked together already, so they're all crooked as hell. It doesn't really matter though, I'm going back through the opposite way we installed them and adding my permanent bracing and making sure they're all spaced and leveled up right.

You can kinda see how they pulled if you look at the peaks of the last 2 in the 3rd pic above.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote