View Single Post
Old 08-09-2023, 09:01 PM   #9
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: Low fuel pressure

I haven't done this myself yet, I've been putting this off for years, but when I get around to installing the passenger fuel tank I will set it up as a transfer pump, use the OEM switch, connector and new aftermarket selector valve, but will have that setup only as a transfer pump to the main tank. I would not trust the selector valve to operate at the higher pressures than intended...

with my setup, I might do one of 2 things..
1) run the aux tank to the valve in, valve out would go to the vent port on the main tank... and then when off, the valve would switch and then the vent line would be connected to charcoal canister, any fuel left in the line should drain back down past the roll over valve .. main and aux tank would need a Y fitting on the charcoal line so the tank does not build pressure.

2) Use the selector valve again to retain the fuel level sensor / gauge working and just have the aux tank pump the fuel into a new bung / -an bulkhead fitting ..

clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote