Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 06:15 PM   #90
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Well motor has been assembled!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to the machine shop to pick it up and the Good Lord decided I shouldn't bring it home today because it started pouring down rain...so I decided not to risk filling a freshly built motor with rain water...So I left it.

They also drill and tapped the crank shaft to allow a bolt and washer for the harmonic balancer....I guess it was just pressed on originally but the added safety measure was worth it. The also milled the facing of the exhaust to make them flat again.

As you can also see they couldn't find the original color in rattle can...Imagine that..Neither could I...lol so they painted it high temp black...Fine by me...Its getting painted that wonderful puke green color ( Thanks Yelmer for the paint code) .....Went by the paint store and got the paint, plus some PO15....Boy that POR 15 stuff is EXPENSIVE....40.00 a quart...WOW.

Am waiting on the brake booster adapter from Captainfab...hopefully it will arrive this week so I can get the brake lines done up.

I bought me some foam brushed to paint the frame with the POR 15...I sure hope a quart goes a long way..lol......

I am going to attempt to paint the motor....never have done that before unless it was rattle can...this is a 8 to 1 to 1 mix so we will see how that goes.

Anyways here are a few pics...and yes I did check the casting numbers....its the original block and heads...albeit with bigger valves.
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote