View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 12:04 AM   #27
Modges'66

Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, otherwise known as Beer City U.S.A.
Re: Has Anybody Purchased a New Steel Replacement Hood for their '64-'66???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998c1500 View Post
The link shows out of stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsb29 View Post
LOL hopefully he got the last one
Ha-Ha-Ha!!!
Well, I must have gotten the last one!
I checked the tracking info on Friday, and It said that it had been delivered already....
I had previously informed ALL of the employees in the shipping area of the shop to NOT sign for this package, and to come get me to inspect and sign for it, so I knew that it couldn't be delivered already......

Then I saw this box in the shipping dock!

With this gaping hole in it!!

I was instantly furious that somebody signed for this item, and I was immediately on the phone to see what I might be able to do about it!!!
I already knew that I wouldn't have any recourse, but I thought it was worth a try....
It drove me crazy all day long, as I was waiting on a response from the shipping company before opening the package.

It turns out that the puncture hole in the box was to the underside of the hood. Had it been on the opposite side of the box, the hood would have definitely been damaged.

Here are some pics upon inspection...

Needless to say, I have looked it over really good, and I am impressed with how straight and flat that this thing looks!!!
The hood will get some finishing touches during the next few weeks/months, but I will probably move the progress to my build thread soon.
Modges'66 is offline   Reply With Quote