View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 01:30 PM   #108
MARTINSR

Re: Our Trucks Doing What They Did - Vintage Photo Thread

This isn't an old thread, it comes alive over and over anytime anyone finds a cool old photo. And yes, the chrome was not there as much as it is today that's for sure!

I don't know about these trucks, but in the sixties I "lived" in a Buick dealership (my dad was a salesman and I was there a lot and saw a lot) and EVERY FRIGGIN PIECE on the car it seemed was an option. OMG find a parking lot full of ORIGINAL 1967 Oldsmobiles and there won't be two the same, I have seen chrome mouldings on sixties cars where it was a one time thing, never saw another, just that one car. OMG a day night mirror was an option, a rear seat speaker, every frigging thing on the car. The "window sticker" would be a foot long COVERED in all the options and prices.

So yeah, the Chrome was a big deal adding a TON of money to one of these trucks (probably as much as $100 to the price LOL) and way more people didn't get it than got it, they were TRUCKS after all.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote