View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 11:13 AM   #113
MARTINSR

Re: Our Trucks Doing What They Did - Vintage Photo Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Great thread. I have mostly 1t and up pictures. Are those welcome here?

There has always been "truck love", it was just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less common. It took decades, probably since day-1, for it to grow into what it is now. The biggest change now is most it seems are bought by people who really don't need them. They are a preferred model in the car line-up. I mean, they did stopped calling them trucks, right?
That truck is one of the foremost in my memories. I have the Rod and Custom issue with it in it, that truck and the "Dream Truck" were the only chopped trucks outside of mine that I had ever seen. Yep, no one did a thing with them, very few made it to the magazines. There were Fords, plenty of Fords, but something about these trucks, I am thinking one thing was that you couldn't bolt in a V8 real easy. I am thinking that is one of the reasons.

I chopped my truck in 1974 and honestly it was number three that I know of. There had to be some chopped ones out there that didn't make the magazines, but I never heard of one, never saw one at a show.

Mr48chev on this forum has the earliest I know of being chopped, I don't know if I have ever nailed down a year with him. I will PM him right now.

But yeah, and my truck was a 3/4 ton too, so that truck really was a big deal to me. I just came across this photo a while ago and have posted it here before but it's such a big deal for me here it is again. This photo has both those trucks in it, never saw this before until just months ago. I have an original copy of it stored right now waiting to be framed and put up on my new garage.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"

Last edited by MARTINSR; 04-21-2019 at 11:18 AM.
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote