View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 01:32 PM   #2
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Flipping rear hanger

When you flip the rear hanger it lifts the rear something like 4 inches. So if you flip your rear axle you get a 6 inch drop, and combine both your now at 2 maybe 3 inches of drop.

A spring over axle like cars run increases traction or bite off the line. Which I always do when I lower trucks any amount, but its my personal preference. Last 2 trucks I have built I swapped in longer leaf springs, and gmt400 trucks have 63" springs for better travel.

So depending on goals you have. You may have to flip your axle, flip the rear shackle, and even flip the front shackle to get desired ride height.

Long springs give more even spring rate then shorter ones, but shorter ones work better under very high power. Due to less swing which can pull the slip yoke out of a truck. Lifted diesel trucks when the juice is turned up can be susceptible.

Shorter springs work better for ultimate street handling, but sacrifice ride. Like C30 length leafs.

Flatter springs are less jittery the arched springs.

Longer shackles allow the spring to grow or contract easier during compression or rebound.

Like Uncle Cooper says. Tires live on a spectrum.

And so does suspension. To little, and it rolls like a USN carrier. To much, and your wearing a mouth guard to save your teeth.

As far as load carrying. Depending on how much work your doing or planning to do. Remove the bed, and add helper bags. Run the line to you license plate or gas door. Then a simple bike hand pump can fill them up for when you throw to much stuff in the bed.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote