View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 11:08 AM   #29
Lattimer

Re: FITech Installation - Vent Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcazwillis View Post
Technically, a vent and a return line are different items. Could you vent to a charcoal canister? Not sure if that works, but just a thought.

I helped an uncle finish the install of a FITech unit on a '32 coupe last weekend. I was impressed with the product. 4 wires, high pressure line from tank, return line to tank, sensor bung in exhaust. Turned the key and it fired right up. Had a holley carb on it prior, the FITech was noticeable better immediately. It could not have been simpler. My uncle spoke to their customer service on the phone four times last week and had nothing but positive things to say about his experience. Hopefully, your email interaction is an exception. I will be using one down the road.
I thought about that, and I actually have a canister laying on a shelf that I could use. FITech said no way.

Its hard to judge what is them covering their asses for liability and what is an actual requirement.

The guy I was emailing with (never gave his name, it was a generic FiTech email) pissed me off when he said "you need to just suck it up and move the bomb out of the cab."

1970 Chevy C-10 SWB, 350, TKO 600 5 speed
My build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559881
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote