View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 06:38 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: Insurance woes after hit and run

Their evaluation process is failed for non-late model vehicles. 90% of the "comparable" Blazers such as yours are sold by individuals, not dealers. AND, how many do you find in a 150 mile radius... in same condition considering 45 years of all the variables? You have no contract with that insurance company and you are the victim here. Fight them. They have to fix it to the condition it was in.

They know your insurance company doesn't care what happens here. They have no stake in it, so no threat of them taking it to court to fight for you. BUT... you can threaten to hire your own lawyer and sue. Tell them you have a fellow old car buddy who is a lawyer that will gladly fight this "pro bono". Don't threaten right away. Only if it looks like they aren't budging. Insurance companies are no different than banks. They are investment companies and all about money, only. The service they provide is just a means to gain capital. Insurance is the game they play and they know it inside and out. It's all about money and they are counting on a victim not willing to hire their own lawyer to fight for them when that will cancel out a chunk of what they are awarded for repairs. But not if the lawyer is your friend willing to work for FREE. That changes everything

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote