View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
69halfton

fuel injection nightmares!

I know this is the wrong place to even post anything about hondas, but there are a few service guys on this board who work for them..so here it goes.

Ive got a Honda Civic Racecar for some circle track racing in a stock 4cyl class.

last year, the car was running perfect, pulled real strong.

had the engine out over the winter, and welded up the spider gears in the tranny to lock it up. put everything back in, and the engine doesn't run well. it starts nicely, but idles very rough, when i go to rev it up, if i do it quickly the computer shuts the ignition off completly, and the engine begins to die, until you turn the butterfly back to idle position.

it will not rev up very far.

if i unplug the TPS, (throttle position sensor) the engine will rev freely, and sounds alright, however idle is still very poor. but if i plug in the TPS in again, it will now rev a little better then it did without the TPS sensor plugged in. idle is still rough. through all of this, the engine is running VERY rich, like clouds of white smoke leaving the exhaust pipe.

there is no dash, and no check engine light. the idiot that raced the car before me cut all that stuff out, so i am lost and trying to figure it would myself.

if anyone has any ideas, or any comments, or any questions about this situation, i could really use the help!

If you can turn, Youre not going fast enough.

Favorite caption:

first car to 200 mph in the 1/4 mile, no parachute, drum brakes all the way around..
..back when men were men.
69halfton is offline   Reply With Quote