View Single Post
Old 09-24-2003, 03:11 PM   #12
stelth2002
Young Gun wth Fast Inline

wow

First off i think that you would be wise to invest in a truck like that. But first off milage is a pretty iffy thing depending on the truck. I used to work at a dealership and drove just about everything under the sun. The 496 is totally unbelieveable as far as stock power and the ability to get more. I drove one that just had a supercharger on it and i dont know if it had 100% while empty, but i can tell you you dont need it. It will SMOKE them with 40%. I pulled a trailer with my derby car, a lincoln town car, and tried to pass someone and i was goin about 40. It broke losse quite easy. But economy, maybe 12. The 5.3 is a good 1.2 ton engine that ive seen. THe 6.0 is garbage. It looses the economy and compared to the 8.1 i would much rather have the 8.1. But if you want a run around truck with maybe towing get the 5.3, if your not towing i would look at a 4.8. if you get a short bed. I have a diesel, it gets 22+ really, and i can pull too. However, when i hook onto a heavy trailer im about 10-13.