Thread: 1978 luv # 2
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 04:33 PM   #38
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

Re: 1978 luv # 2

I took it out a couple of weeks ago on test and tune night and ran it all the way out the back . Motor seems to really like being back on gas vs E85 . 11.88 @111 on 87 pump gas. Happy with that for sure . 1.57 60'

Anyway I have a taillight on the driver side that has some sort of short . When I hit the brakes the turn signal lights . Anyway took the truck to get it inspected and got to the place and passed everything except the gas cap was gone . Guess I forgot to tighten it . Drove to every auto parts in town looking for a new one and had to order it . Bought the only 2 they had left . In Texas the previous owner has the right to keep the plates off the car . The guy I bought it from chose to keep them . Also in Texas you have to have an inspection paper to get new tags . Basically I have insurance on it , but no plates and inspection . Pulled up to a light and Baytown PD pulls up next to me . I look over and he gives me a thumbs up ! Just glad he wasn't the ticket writing guy . I worked all weekend and now we have rain . The gas gauge wasn't working and on these trucks the fuel gauge has a voltage regulator that drops the voltage to the fuel gauge and the temp gauge to 7 volts . Somewhere along the way the wires had shorted and the voltage to both was 11.7 . The fuel gauge was un responsive and the temp gauge was working , but not very linear on the higher end . I found this thing n o s .

Hopefully this fixes the remainder of the factory gauges . I also found the factory bolts for the tailgate to put the tailgate straps back on .
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1979 Firebird Flooded in Harvey
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

My build :http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=399148

Build #2: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=653583
hotrod 80 is offline   Reply With Quote