View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 06:05 PM   #505
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Beater..???...did I miss something?....HAHA..
Still looks great Vic..
As far as cold air intake goes..on my C30, with air filter underhood,,we dynoed it with the hood closed...then opened the hood, and the hp jumped by over 10hp..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
It looks good Vic, it's coming together nicely. Beater! That's funny.
Thanks guys! I think the Hollander book lists beater as interchanging with daily driver or something to that effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Getting so close!
Yep, the list is getting shorter - but there's still a list.

Trial assembling parts is ongoing. Got the coil covers back from the pinstriper on Saturday. He did a nice job and fast too. I have all the lines for the a/c and heater, both flexible and hard lines, ready to go to Independence Hydraulics for crimping and flaring. Just waiting on one more fitting to arrive. I've also been working on the radiator hoses, horns and cruise control setup. Still have to figure out the best location for the Leed vacuum pump. 10 lbs of poop in a 5 lb bag.

Spent the better part of a day and a half getting the grille bar to fit the way I wanted. The factory fit on the grille surround, splash pan and etc. is pretty sloppy. To get all the parts to bolt up, you have to leave all the bolts and screws loose until everything is in place, then gradually draw up the fasteners. No idea how all this will play out when the fenders, hood and bumper go on. I've arranged for Sean from Hot Rod Express to be here Saturday, April 3rd to help me with that task.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote