View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 01:32 AM   #95
SeventyOne

Re: The "In over my head" build thread

Update 5/14/11 - We're moving now!

Picked up my 700r4 from the trans builder this morning. Real good guy and super knowledgeable. He also hooked me up with a 5 pinion rear planetary gear set w/o charge! Can't wait to get this beast behind the engine!

Name:  NewTrans2.JPG
Views: 2171
Size:  50.3 KB

Name:  NewTrans.JPG
Views: 2154
Size:  53.7 KB

Name:  NewTrans3.JPG
Views: 2231
Size:  72.0 KB

Here's all the internals of the NP205. I spent about 4 hours today going through the bags and cleaning parts - bolts, cover plates, bearing retainers, etc - to get them ready for the assembly. POR15's Marin Clean is AMAZING at getting 40year old dirty greasy sludgy crap off these parts. It did seem to tarnish the aluminum parts though - I'm not too worried becuase 1: their clean, and 2: it's a Tcase...who cares...

Name:  TCaseRebuild1.JPG
Views: 2170
Size:  69.7 KB

This last shot shows the top of the case where the plugs and shift rail ball bearings sit. I wanted to show this because when I came to that part in the disassembly the top of the case had so much crap caked onto it I couldn't even find these holes! Nasty...

Name:  DirtyTCase.JPG
Views: 2128
Size:  34.7 KB

Case should get fully cleaned and masked for paint tomorrow. Seals and new bearings should be coming soon from NorthWestFab.
SeventyOne is offline   Reply With Quote