View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 10:04 PM   #114
HunterRotten

Re: The Hawaiian Blue 1978 GMC.

Hunter's 1978 GMC Build

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
Time to back it up!

I really should update this thread as I go along, I just get so darn lazy about updating it. Instead I make it harder and have to go backwards and forwards. You may have seen a back window in previous posts. I wasn't sure if I was going to talk about it because I simply haven't been happy with it.

It's a slider from CR Laurence, it looks really good but it's absolutely TERRIBLE to use. The screws on the latch have fallen out, and the slider is so stiff the truck was to tip over before I get the window open. The latch, well that's a CR Laurence manufacturing problem - they sent me a new one free of charge. The window not working is a GM manufacturing problem.

My window opening is smaller than usual and has a nasty jut in the frame behind the driver. You can see it in the rubber inside of the cab. I don't want to cut it because the paint is fresh and I don't want to start a spot of contamination. So like any sane human being we took the window frame out and went at it. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of this, it was dark out and I was DONE with this thing! We installed it like 3 times that night. It still is a little stiff for my taste but it's 210% better after grinding.

HunterRotten is offline   Reply With Quote