View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 10:14 PM   #2
CH3VY1972

Re: Been a long time -1990 K1500

Here's a few pics to show where I'm at on it at the moment. And yes I swapped from TBI to a Holley carburetor. I have my reasons for doing so (a lot of people hate on people for doing this) and if anyone is in the position where I was a year or so ago I can give a few shortcuts on how to easily do this.

Go ahead and buy a good electric fuel pump... trust me. Also do not hook the fuel pump up to the original lines and pull gas through the old in tank fuelpump. And yes I tried running the in-tank pump for a while and it does not like being regulated to 7psi . So basically ditch the in tank pump unless you want to really spend some money on an upgraded one. I frame mounted a Holley pump and put a see through filter in line before the pump and also after the pump closer to where the line meets the carburetor. You'll defiantly need to buy a fuel pressure regulator don't cheap out on this part either. A mid ranged one will do the trick. Also install a fuel pressure gauge. I also went with an MSD hei distributor it was tricky finding a "key switched" 12v hot wire. The one I found to work best was a pink wire (it sticks out like a sore thumb). Don't just take my word for it though get a meter to double check.
Attached Images

1972 c20 lwb sb 350
1979 silverado 10 lwb (parts rag)(sold)
1990 K1500 4x4 swb.

Last edited by CH3VY1972; 10-05-2017 at 10:41 PM.
CH3VY1972 is offline   Reply With Quote