View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 10:55 PM   #24
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

desert I have almost 3 acres to fill up haha! two more 52s being delivered this week or maybe next, outside storage, a 2 ton and a 1 ton. I will dismantle the 2 ton and make a wall hanger from the front end, and the 1 ton cab and front end I have a matching blue bed for a future project. that cab is as nice as this one as far as rust goes.

rain and sleet tapered off today, so I should start dismantling on sunday, have tomorrow to jack around with other stuff, a "day off"

nicks 54 done, here are some pics as promised. I did body bumpers running boards pedals and column. not bad for a month and a half (he brought the 54 over the first week of december) and not counting the 2 weeks I screwed around with the honey-dos on kechi. when he brought it, the bed was a 47-53 and he had a 54 bed in pieces, the passenger running board didnt fit because of a tweak and the back mount was rusted. I didnt want to cut his running board mounts off his nice 1/2 ton frame so I built some, and he didnt want tubs/steel floor in the bed like I usually do so I used rectangle tube. the rear bumper was a front bumper and was torn in half, so it has a badass looking weld scar now, the front bumper brackets and the front clip were tweaked from a fender bender years ago, I got everything straight again. the doors were loose and the hinges were BROKEN. but all in all I like how it turned out, he should have an easy time finishing the engine and wiring and painting, and the wood bed floor will be a snap to install on that rectangle tube, it will look super great!
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote