View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 12:39 AM   #11
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Rear Suspension Air bags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slomotion View Post
I put a set of Air Ride bags under the back of the flatbed in place of the coil springs. (I was able to do this because of the anti sway bar and the trailing arms.) I have a small compressor under the hood and a switch under the dash which allows me to inflate/deflate the bags depending on the situation. I run 45 PSIG in them all the time and had the headlights aimed at this pressure so I wouldn't blind on coming traffic at night. The only compromise is the truck leans a little on a hard turn.
Not the greatest photos, but the small gauge closest the column is the air gauge. Green for rear, and the red will be the front if I ever put a set in.
You can just make out the bag in the second photo just forward of the rear tire.
Beautiful truck
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is online now   Reply With Quote