Thread: 4L80 damaged
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 12:39 AM   #14
adzints7

Re: 4L80 damaged

Ok, great stuff guys! So I am using the advance adapters kit to mount between the 4L80 and NP205. I purchased the 2wd kit (50-0410)because my original trans was 2wd from a junk yard. That had a epic failure because my “friend” dropped it, welded it and ran it...lasted 50 miles. Long story...

I freely admit I could be completely off regarding the VSS location and how it works with the T-case. I am reduced to trusting the experts and that has proven to be difficult...interesting thought given the current times. But it sound like I am best served to use the OSS on the transmission and drive accordingly? I guess I will have a good comparison because my ecu will show OSS and my dash will show T-case speed.

Clienbarger, what you are describing for shift behavior when using the ISS is exactly what it was doing. I just did not have a good reference to compare it too. I knew something was off but considered it to be setting in the controller and it dropped down on the list of priorities...my mistake.
adzints7 is offline   Reply With Quote