View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 02:46 PM   #4
paujones1

Re: 72 K5 Top Re-assembly

The fiberglass on the external top and sides and the hatch are all in good shape.
Several of the lower inside mounting holes have 1+” cracked holes in half of them. So the prior owner fabricated a few 1.5” x 6-12” home made fasteners.

I have new side window weatherstrip, and ordered hatch to body, rear hatch and hatch to tailgate weatherstripping. I also ordered a handle because mind just had a big hole there. When I looked in the hole, I see the metal flange and 1 of the rods, but the other rod is missing and there is no mechanism for the handle square rod to connect.

Yesterday we pulled the top off, with the intent to install the side moldings, but I could not find a video or instruction on how they fasten to the top. I see half a dozen screw holes but was told by the prior owner we just needed weatherstrip adhesive, which I have.

It’s going to rain today so we put the top back on. When we got it back on, the rear latch would no longer open. The original steel hatch support on the left side will not open more than a few inches. We could not figure out how to release it to get it t go up again. If it’s possible to convert it to gas lift supports, we would prefer to do that, too.

I’m also going to need to sort out the wiring that connects to the interior lights in there too. But the lights and wiring in he can are all there.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Paul
paujones1 is offline   Reply With Quote