View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 08:20 PM   #11
70rs/ss

Re: Summit "air gap" intake crappy quality??

After grabbin' the dart intake I have for the early SBC heads this intake looks a lot like it, except for the ports being mis-aligned. I think since I am sitting at home for a few weeks with nothing I can do (can't lift anything above 5lbs) and time to kill (being seriously bored!!) I may get some bits and gasket match the intake, like I said $50 savings isn't worth the crap-tastic quality of this intake, but a gasket match would be needed for either intake, so if I start with a straight intake and still need to hog it out, then a crooked intake getting hogged out and straightened up is 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of the other!!

BTW on a side note, the 383 I am building now seems to fit into the 383 CarCraft built (mine is somewhere between the mild one and the medium one that CC built), so I think I should be better than these numbers 415hp and 466lb/ft of torq and below the medium 383 numbers on this page. I can scan the whole artical if someone wants to see it and isn't a subscriber to CC?? This intake will see time on this particular 383 so it is kinda relevant to this thread, but off into left center field!!
Attached Images

70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote