View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 04:47 AM   #135
QBRacing

Re: 1958 SWB C4 Fleetside - NZ Build

bit of an update.

So I ended up pulling the rack out as i just couldn't clock the rack and I didn't want to damage it. I ended up taking it down to the place that rebuilt my Nova rack and asked him to look at it (rather than drive over an hour to the place that rebuilt it back in March).

Well he couldn't get it to budge either so he pulled it down and was like, are you sure this was rebuilt? The main input shaft was worn to buggery from the four Teflon rings... and i haven't even used it. He was amazed it held pressure when tested so I sent it to the guy that rebuilt it.

After checking the build notes he told me that they said "advised client t resleeve but opted not to....." What the **** ..... what did you rebuild then......

Long and he short of it he is now sending it back to the local guy for me and is washing his hands of it..... wont be using him again anytime soon and have let the local hotrod club know as well... rat bastard.

On the upside I ordered a genuine (used) f-body sump with baffle, gasket, oil tube etc off ebay (cheap) and splurged out on the HPTuners kit so I suppose I better get into the loom (which I have printed from LT1swap.com

Q
QBRacing is offline   Reply With Quote