Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #31
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

So had a break from the first weather front put on some dry cloths and went back out first order was to remove the rear drum brakes for my disk conversion, If you don't have spring pliers get some! even a cheap pair like mine will work easier than trying to use pliers. ran into something i wasn't expecting, there is a cup shield of some kind on the spindle and it appears to be pressed onto the spindle like a Speedy sleeve, but i never seen a speedy sleeve with this much of a shoulder, its looking to be larger than the hole in the backing plate, not sure how to address this yet i could use some help on this one.

So I cleaned up a but and started working on my wheel hubs and front rotors, I thought about my press but couldn't figure out a way to support the assembly so read a number of places to get a big hammer and drift and hammer the lugs into place, did that for a bit until the 3.5lb mall found the back of my left hand, No holder on the drift, duh! Yea that hurt! As i was recouping i stopped and thought about it for a while, can i invert one of the old rotors and use it? the rest is history!
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote