View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 08:06 PM   #101
SCOTI

Re: My 89 CC Dually: Double Wide

Got the front a-arms installed. After some tweaks to the new Moog BJ's that I already had, they fit w/o issue.

I like PB's set-up alot as it made installation very easy. I was able to put the u-bolts in w/the nuts turned a couple of threads. I slipped the shafts into the u-bolts & tightend them up. Then, I lifted the a-arm bushing barrels up to the crossshaft & slipped the Delrin bushings sleeves in place. Boom.... done.

With that done, I moved on to the sway bar install. Two steps forward, one step back. I was under the assumption that PB's arms accept a C10 based sway bar that used end-links vs the bushing clamps so that's what I bought. Wrong. These arms require the Addco/PB spec'd sway bar (no longer recommended because of supply reliability) or Ride Techs Musclebar. So I have a HD 1.25" OE bar w/new poly bushings, a new 1.375 Bell Tech bar w/poly bushings, & now a Musclebar on the way.

While waiting for the sway bar, I'm moving on to correcting some air leaks & getting to the bottom of the reoccurring leaky master cyl issue. Gotta get this thing drivable so I can validate reliability. Trying to have it functional for Lonestar Throwdown by end of February.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 01-06-2015 at 08:12 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote