View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 03:50 PM   #120
SCOTI

Re: My 89 CC Dually: Double Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
SCOTI,... I think the MuscleBar on my blazer has no collars welded to the bar.
I always wondered how you kept the bar in the center of the vehicle with the "RideTech style" end links.
I centered the bar when I installed it,... but who knows if it's still centered on the frame now.
I liked the concept of the collars to limit movement & the Posi-links. Now that I have them in my posession, I'm not getting the 'warm & fuzzies' about the links. I expected the 'joint' portion to be much more precise or tighter (imagine a new lower BJ vs. a 40yr old BJ). These feel like a worn out joint & have very little resistance. But, like the Delrin style a-arm bushings, less resistance = less friction or smooth, controlled, bind free movement. I do recall hearing N2TRUX had snapped one when his truck was raised in the air so I'm hoping that's not an issue (I need to verify the info & ask him specifics).

But, I'll see how things work as is for now. If necessary, I'll fab a new end link arrangment that's closer to the traditional bolt/bushing/sleeve set-ups.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote