View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #33
Mattman2010

Re: 85 GMC Sierra Classic 1 Ton Crew Cab

Sorry Matt Man, I have not gotten around to getting that picture for you. I have not touched the truck, I have been trying to figure out the heating problem/oil leaking problem on my k10.

Plans have slightly changed for this build. My lead on a title-less crew cab with the 6.2 diesel in it, and the cab I wanted to use to cut up to fix my rust problems on mine was sold. I did find a guy that is going to be selling his 6.2 diesel out of his truck that he uses to tow with. It is out of a military truck and has less than 60k miles, he said he would give me the radiator, new glow plugs he has for it, fly wheel for a sm465, the oil cooling lines, basically everything needed to just drop it in, and wire the engine up. I think I might be trading him my big block for it.

So for now I will be converting it to single wheel, I kinda like single wheel crew cabs. I don't need a dually, and I cant afford 6 tires for the truck, I am going to keep the bed and the rear axle for now, just encase I want to swap it back to a dually.

So the drive train will be 6.2l diesel/SM465/NP205/Dana44 front/Corp 14 bolt rear.

I was trying to get my K20 parts taken off the frame, but the flat bed is welded to the frame and I ran out of acetylene for my torch so that will have to wait. I think I will start tearing down this truck within two weeks. Should be fun!

1984 K30 CC Dually - "The Tank"
12V Cummins/Nv4500/Np205/D60/D70HD 4" lift & 37's
Build Thread

1960 C-60 Dump Truck
Make it road worthy!
Thread
Mattman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote