View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 09:13 PM   #57
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
just checked out your build, sweet truck love the camper first off i would like to thank you and your wife for your service in the armed forces and hope your build turns out great, stay warm and dont sweat the small things they will take care of themselves.
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.
My wife and I are both proud to serve. I personally feel it is an honor to serve the American people and our Nation. As the oath says "Bear true faith and alliegence to the same...."

I guess it is time to post some pics now.

First pic is that doggone steering gear box. How the heck do I get that off the pitman arm?? Do I need a pulley puller?
#2 is a stacked toolbox I got from a local guy and I transformed into a welding cart. So far I like it, though it is a cheap-o it is working out fine so far, only complaint is the wheels are smallish and also cheap...
#3 is my rearend gears.... for the life of me I could not spot the ###-### numbers to find out my ratio. Guess I should know what ring gears are before trying this again....
#4 is my fuel cell and two hitch mounted and bolted in
#5 is a close up of the corner showing the angle iron I used for the 4" extension to the frame to fit the tank. I am pretty sure that with snugging the rear bumper up closer to the frame, and the 3-4" raise to the truck bed, I am not going to have too many issues with the tailgate.

But more to follow on that.

If it does mesh well, then I will probably drop the tank one last time, brace and weld that angle iron in for the added strength. Last thing I want is that set up to fail at 70 mph and flip my Tempest into a ditch off I-90....
Attached Images

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote